FROM THE PRINCIPAL...
It has been a wonderful year at The Stockwood Park Academy. Our students have been busy engaged with a whole host of activities outside of their lessons including trips and visits, fundraising, careers fairs and work experience. We have also hosted a number of important visits to the Academy and on each occasion the conduct of our students has been exemplary.
I am very proud of our new student voice team, elected through a hustings-style process, who have already begun their important work. I should like to congratulate all students on their excellent focus on their studies. It has been a tough year for many of the older students who have sat public exams, but their hard-work, determination and focus will undoubtedly pay off.
Finally, A few staff are leaving us this summer to move to pastures new. I’m sure you will join me in thanking them for their dedication to our students. With best wishes to all for a wonderful summer. I look forward to welcoming all students back to school in September.
DATES FOR YOUR DIARY
- 18th August, 9am: 6th Form Results Day
- 25th August, 11am: Year 11 Results Day
- 25th August, 11.30am: 6th Form Enrolment
- 5th September: Year 7 and 12 Orientiation Day
- 6th September: Term begins for all year groups
SUMMER TERM NEWS
• Our House Performers Shine
• Farewell Class of 2016
• Wimbledon Adventure!
• World Wars Remembered
• Hallowed Turf
• Broadening Horizons
• The Tudor Experience
• Online Safety Advice for Parents
• Media students Explore Movie Magic
• Musicians Perform Proudly
• SPA Sporting Successes
• Girls Cricket Thrives at Stockwood
• Beds Alert Service
• Hope Shares Anti-Bullying Message
• Go 4 Schools: Supporting Student Achievement
• Psychology Conference Stretches 6th Form Students
• Hola Madrid!
• Geographers explore Biomes
• Forensic Science Students Investigate University Options
• Sparks Fly at Rocket Club