It's been a packed term here at The Stockwood Park Academy; from celebrating students' academic success to welcoming our new Year 7 and 12 students. Our children have met new friends, worked hard, been challenged. and opened their minds to new ideas. We've also opened our hearts to those at risk of bullying and the many people less fortunate than ourselves, by taking part in a range of charitable events such as our Luton Food Bank Christmas Hamper competition. There's much to be proud of here at The Stockwood Park Academy, and plenty more challenges to come in January.
Below you will find a selection of news items and information which you may find useful; key dates, how to access your child's assessment data, information to help you keep your child safe and some recent academy news stories.
Have a happy and safe break, and Merry Christmas to those who celebrate it.
SCHOOL REPORTS - GO 4 SCHOOLS
If we don't have your email address, you're missing out on the regular digital reports we're publishing for students in Years 7 to 11! These and more information about assessments, targets, behaviour and attendance are available online at Go4Schools.com. However, we can only give you access if we have your email address!
If you'd like to add yours to our system, email your name and child's name to our Data Officer Karen Magee (firstname.lastname@example.org).
If we already have your email address, go to go4schools.com/parents and enter your email address. A password will be sent to you.
PARENT INFO - KEEPING CHILDREN SAFE
Did you know that we share a range of stories about keeping children safe, published directly by Parent Info, on our academy website? These are up-to-date guides for parents and carers, covering a range of topics such as legal highs, how to change privacy settings on social media, helping your child with their homework or exam stress, what to do if you think your child might be gay, and a parents' guide to Whatsapp. It's a great resource written specifically for parents, and updated frequently.
STOCKWOOD STAR STUDENT BLOG
This term we have launched a special weekly blog run by students from around the academy. the blog gives students the opportunity to share news and raise issues important to them. You can read more about it here.
DATES FOR YOUR DIARY
- Thursday 5th January: Spring Term begins
- Wednesday 11th January: Year 10 Parents Evening
- Wednesday 25th January: 6th Form Open Evening
- Wednesday 1st February: Year 8 Parents Evening
- Wednesday 8th February: 6th Form Parents Evening
- Monday 13th February - Friday 17th February: half-term break
- Wednesday 8th February: Year 8 Options Evening
- Wednesday 22nd February: Year 11 Parents Evening
- Wednesday 29th February: Year 7 Parents Evening
- Monday 3rd March - Friday 14th March: Easter Holiday
SUMMER TERM NEWS
• Christmas Magic at Stockwood
• Academy Snapshot... Anti-Bullying Week
• Rewarding Fantastic Students
• The Brilliant Club
• The Tea Stop
• Student Voice
• CERNtainly Inspirational!
• Tomorrow's Leaders
• The Prince and Me
• GCSE Success for The Stockwood Park Academy
• Stockwood Celebrates A Level Successes
• Hallowed Turf